To help make the move-out experience a successful one for both parties, once we receive your 30-Day Notice to Vacate, we have provided the following check list to remind you what will be expected of you prior to your departure.
- You will be advised of any remaining rent due dates or prorates. If you have an auto-pay set up though our tenant portal, please adjust the payment amount to the appropriate prorated rent provided before the processing date. Any overpayments will be refunded with your security deposit. If you have an auto-pay set up to process before the 1st of the month, and you are moving out on the last day of the month, you will also need to log into your portal and cancel the auto-pay before it is processed. Access your tenant portal by clicking here.
- The premises should be clean and in “rent ready” condition for new tenants, with the only discrepancies being that which is stated on your original Move-In Checklist. If a Move-In Checklist was not used, the apartment will be considered as received in clean “rent ready” condition when you first took possession of the premises.
- General cleaning, carpet cleaning, and touch-up painting are common deductions from your security deposit. Damages to blinds, screens, appliances or fixtures are examples of deductions that may also occur. We typically use a “Best Effort” determination on general cleaning and items related to “Wear and Tear”. We suggest you reference the California Department of Consumer Affairs webpage for tenants at http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/ should you have further questions about your security deposit.
- Security deposit dispositions will not be determined and the unit is not considered vacant until all keys are returned to our office and all of your possessions are removed from the premises. A charge will be applied for storage and/or removal of items left behind. Please refer to your lease section on Security Deposit, or the webpage noted in paragraph 3, for any questions you may have.
- Prior to your departure it may be necessary for us to briefly show the premises to a prospective renter. If so, we will contact you beforehand or leave a 24-Hour Notice to Enter in advance.
- We will expect keys no later than the move-out date @ 5:00pm. Any days held over after the stated move out date will be charged a daily rate based on your current monthly rent using a 30-Day month. Your Security Deposit is not to be used for rent payment per California Law and the terms of your lease.
- You have the right to a pre-inspection upon your request. If you schedule a pre-inspection, please have your copy of the original Move-in/Move-out Itemized Inspection form provided to you at move in. State law permits former tenants to reclaim abandoned personal property left at the former address of the tenant, subject to certain conditions. You may or may not be able to reclaim property without incurring additional costs, depending on the cost of storing the property and the length of time before it is reclaimed. In general, these costs will be lower the sooner you contact your former landlord after being notified that property belonging to you was left behind after you moved out.
Please know we will gladly provide a positive reference when requested so long as all the terms of your lease and this letter have been fulfilled. Please Contact Us should you have any questions. Everyone at Torrey Pines Property Management would like to thank you for choosing one of our managed properties as your home.
Please Contact Us with any further questions.