Rental Guidelines & Occupancy Standards
Thank you for your interest in renting a property managed by Torrey Pines Property Management, Inc. (TPPM). The following guidelines were written to inform you of our basic rental practices and to assist you in processing your application in the most timely and efficient manner possible.
- The rental application (all pages) MUST BE FILLED OUT IN ITS ENTIRETY. Blanks will halt the processing of your application. If an item on the form is not applicable, please respond N/A (not applicable).
- Each person over the age of 18 must complete a separate application. Co-Signers (Guarantors) must complete an application as well.
- A valid driver’s license, state ID or passport is required along with a verifiable social security number.
- On page 2 of the application we request DATE, SIGNATURE and ADDRESS of the property for which you are applying. We cannot process your application without these three items.
- We must be able to verify your employment, income and previous rental history. Please make sure the telephone numbers you provide are accurate and include area codes. A current pay stub with the year-to-date information is best for income verification. Should you be self-employed, an independent contractor or hold company ownership, a copy of your most recent tax return, along with recent bank statements will be required.
- We require combined applicants’ current gross income to be approximately two and one half (2.5) times the total monthly rent.
- We require combined applicants’ to have good credit and reference history. Your credit history will be verified by a credit reporting agency. YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN APPLICATION FEE OF $25 FOR EACH APPLICATION. The application fee is collected by credit card when you submit your application online. If your application is dropped off in person or faxed, you may provide a check payable to TPPM. Cash will not be accepted. The application fee includes $16.95 for a credit report, plus $8.05 for processing references.
- Upon approval of your application, the security deposit / holding deposit and first month’s rent must be paid in full with a CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (ONLY). Personal checks are accepted beginning with the second month’s rent. We also require a one-time documentation and online set up fee (D&O) of $12.00 upon lease signing. The D&O fee reimburses our cost for lease document preparation and online tenant portal access. The $12.00 D&O fee shall be paid by separate check payable to TPPM.
- Our maximum occupancy standard is based on the number of bedrooms and is as follows: Studio & 1 BR – 2 occupants 2 & 3 BR – 4 occupants
You may apply online by following the link posted in all vacancy advertisements, mail or deliver your completed application(s) to 7840 Ivanhoe Avenue, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Our business office is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Faxed applications will not begin processing until an application fee is received. Our fax number is (858) 454-1384. Additional applications and vacancy listings are available at www.torreypinespm.com.
Torrey Pines Property Management is an Equal Housing Opportunity supporter, committed to providing excellent service to everyone in an efficient and friendly manner. Should you have any questions, please ask.